ADSM-L

AW: Management Class DEFAULT

2000-02-09 08:02:57
Subject: AW: Management Class DEFAULT
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:02:57 +0100
Hi Clarence,

thanks for your reply.

"ADSM uses the default management class when a user does not specify a
management class in their include-exclude list."

This is what applies here.

Node SMS is assigned to Policy Domain STANDARD.

qu node sms

Node Name                 Platform Policy Domain
                                   Name

------------------------- -------- -------------
SMS                       WinNT    STANDARD
SMS                       WinNT    STANDARD

Policy Domain STANDARD has an active Policy Set named STANDARD with
the active Management Class STANDARD.

query domain standard

Policy       Activated    Activated
Domain       Policy       Default
Name         Set          Mgmt
                          Class
STANDARD     STANDARD     STANDARD
STANDARD     STANDARD     STANDARD

Therefore I think ADSM should use Management Class STANDARD for all files
because I do not specify a Management Class in the Inlcude/Exclude
Statements.

So where does the Management Class named DEFAULT come from?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp