ADSM-L

DR and unlike tape devices.

2000-02-08 18:46:20
Subject: DR and unlike tape devices.
From: Steve Harris <steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:46:20 +1000
Hi all,

Something on this list recently made me wonder about DR and the problems of not
having exactly the same hardware as the prime site.

I have been blithely assuming that in the event of a real disaster, I'd be able
to redefine the ADSM tapepools in such a way that instead of using a library -
which may be hard to find at short notice - I could restore using a stand alone
tape drive or two.  Now it appears that this is a wrong assumption.

Is it indeed possible to quickly reconfigure a tapepool in  a DR situation?  How
about hacking the bootstrap datasets before the restore somehow?

Thanks

Steve.
AIX/ADSM/Oracle/HACMP Guy
The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane Australia

This email message has been swept by MIMESweeper