ADSM-L

Re: Tapes Missing from Offsite, but found them in the library

2000-02-08 18:28:20
Subject: Re: Tapes Missing from Offsite, but found them in the library
From: Steve Harris <steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:28:20 +1000
Jialin,

I've come across this in our small 3575 library. It may work the same in a 3494.

The daily offsite process runs

move drm * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk wait=yes

This changes the state to vault and generates a checkout libvol for each volume.
But, if there are more tapes to move than Bulk io slots available (16 in our
case) the tapes are marked offsite but the checkout fails with a message to
remove the tape from slot NN.  If you don't notice the message the tape is
physically in the library but logically checked out.

Regards

Steve

AIX/ADSM/Oracle and HACMP Guy

The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane Australia

"Wu, Jialin" <jialin_wu AT MERCK DOT COM> on 08/02/2000 04:54:42