ADSM-L

Re: ADSM init problem !!!

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: Re: ADSM init problem !!!
From: Survoy, Bernard J [mailto:SurvoBJ AT NORTHAMERICA.STORTEK DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Matt,

I assume that you checked the 9710 and verified that the FAST LOAD option
was enabled as we discussed last week.  This is a direct SCSI attach (I
assume) to a RS/6K.  What kind of HBA is being used (IBM, Emulex, etc.).  If
you would like, run an ADSM server trace with the PVR, MMS, and SYSTIME
options enabled, send it to me and I'll take a look at it.

Also, check to make sure that the STK CSE did not option the library for
more drives than are physically in it.  I've seen weird results if this
occurs (especially during audits, etc. because the library goes and looks
for a drive in a physical location.  Also, make sure all appropriate targets
are in the proper places within the library and on the drives, your CSE can
check this.

Thanks,
Bernie Survoy
MVS Systems Engineer