ADSM-L

Re: Win2K backup client

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: Re: Win2K backup client
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
In article <002201bf6f2d$86cc2340$0602a8c0@Lipp>, Kelly Lipp
<lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
says:

>How quickly do folks see this as being a problem in their shops?  Will the
>new W2K features be widely deployed quickly or will it take until later in
>the year?  I would really hate to see *SM take a beating because of Windows
>2000.  Ugly.
>
>Does anyone know if Legato and Veritas will have similar early limitations?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kelly J. Lipp

We have had folks using nt 5/win2k for a long long time in our dev
group. This is a special case.

Depending on problems and how difficult it turns out to be, our folks
plan to push out win2k for default production this year. most likely
it will be in phases.

To do this the internal nt server folks have set up a test eval lab,
which is a win2k world with the special features and they would like
to be able to back it up and restore as needed. So we need the win2k
support now.

I do not know of the time limitation for Legato. Veritas is a different
case. They say that backupexec, which was seagate last year, is ready
now and will be available next week. Netback will be ready 2nd quarter
or ...

len