ADSM-L

Re: AW: Linux TSM Server

2000-02-04 13:36:03
Subject: Re: AW: Linux TSM Server
From: Chuck Mattern <Chuck_Mattern AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:36:03 -0500
I'd like to simply emphasize Tom's words below.  The shocking growth in Linux
shows what can happen when the established providers of a service (in this case
Microsoft, the dominant server and desktop vendor in the Intel space) doesn't
pay attention to a need.  IBM|Tivoli should not wait for the message, they need
to go get it.  If not the message may be that there's a new player in your
space....   This applies to much more than Linux, it applies to a corporate
mentality.

My comments here are my own and not those of my employer.

"Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
02/04/2000 12:05 PM