ADSM-L

NotesConnect Agent

2000-02-03 14:29:46
Subject: NotesConnect Agent
From: Jeffery Carroll <Jeffery_Carroll AT VALIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:29:46 -0600
We have seen several posts that bring up the issue of slow Notes Connect
backups.  One person mentioned that it took about 10+ days for it to complete
for about 50 gigs of info.  We are encountering same problem.  We have a 90 gig
array,that holds the databases connected for our Notes client that has been
running backup for several days, and is not even close to being finished.
Conversely, the NT Backup/Archive client running on the same server, that has
been performing complete backup of it (it is a NT server, that is running Notes)
completes in less than 5 hours,performing backup of same databases.  We have
same NotesConnect agent running on smaller Notes server and it complete
relatively short period of time.  I have not seen any solutions for resolution.
Is this a limitation of the NotesConnect agent?  We are running ADSM/NT 3.1
r230, and latest version of NotesAgent.  The client is  Notes server 4.6/NT40.

Thanks,
Jeff