ADSM-L

Re: Comminication OS390 Batchjob with TSM 3.7 on AIX

2015-10-04 17:33:42
Subject: Re: Comminication OS390 Batchjob with TSM 3.7 on AIX
From: James SPORER [mailto:james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     Winfried,
     You certainly can do that.  You need to run a batch tso job that
     executes DSMADMC and has a DSCOPT DD card that points to an options
     data set that has a TCPServeraddress  entry with the address of the
     AIX ADSM server.
     Jim Sporer

_________________________________
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at IPNET
Date:    2/3/00 10:02 AM

Hi,

does anybody know if it is possible to start a batchjob from OS/390 which
will
communicate with a adsm-server (3.7) on aix. Because we have a scheduler on
OS/390 I would like to use the funtionality of it. The batchjob should do
for
example  a "Query"  or "Select". There is a TCPIP Connection between OS390
and
aix. Any ideas how I can do that?

Thanks

Winfried