ADSM-L

Tape drive comparisons

2015-10-04 17:33:42
Subject: Tape drive comparisons
From: Bronson, David [mailto:David.Bronson AT EXCH.COMPASS-USA DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
Our company currently has an IBM 3590 b-11 and a 3590 E-11. Our SAP/Oracle
database is currently 355 gig and is expected to be 600 gig by years end,
and we are currently using the E-11 back up the database (17 + hours).
Needless to say we are just now investigating the possibility of a tape
library. We have the 3494 specifications and know how good the 3590's, but
I've been asked to research the Storagetek 9840 tape drive...any
pro's/con's, good/bad experience's, any comments would be helpful.

Dave Bronson
Unix Admin.
704-329-7944