ADSM-L

AW: Linux TSM Server

2000-02-03 05:36:37
Subject: AW: Linux TSM Server
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:36:37 +0100
Glen,

it is a good right of Tivoli
to support certain computing plattform or not.
(i have currently no need for TSM/Linux)

But the apparent argumentation of your marketing
department is naked excuse I feel
quite incomfortable with.

If the marketing department would really
only be sitting and waiting for customers
to call for something,
then this department would not
even deserve its name.

I suspect the marketeers decided
not to go in Linux direction, which
is a decision they are fully entitled to,
but now hide themselves behind allegedly
missing customers ineterest.

It looks like same game which IBM played
with OS/2, where they repeatedly said (a gist of it:)
"os/2 is for business and we will implement
any features our customers will ask for"
effectively letting OS2 to its fate.

Anyway, thanks for your mailing,
because it stated more or less
clearly what we should not count with.
Clearness helps us in making decisions
so I understand your mailing as
good service to all mailing list readers.

Juraj SALAK
Linz,Austria