ADSM-L

Re: Hostname change requires pswd validation

2000-02-02 18:14:10
Subject: Re: Hostname change requires pswd validation
From: Steve Harris <steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:14:10 +1000
Jeri,

Darn you for asking this question!

I have two AIX machines doing failover for an Oracle application. Machine A is
application development and standby, Machine B is production.
I have set up 5 clients, (when I say shared I mean failed-over : they never
access the data simultaneously)
Machine A non-shared BA client
Machine B non-shared BA clinet
Production shared BA client
Machine A Oracle backup agent
Production Oracle backup agent.

The Oracle client can't use passwordaccess Generate so for the production Oracle
agent I've got the encripted password file on a shared file-system.
There is a dsm.opt also on shared file system for each client, and I have a
script which sets up approprate environmment variables for all of this.

The dsm.sys on both systems lives in the usual ADSM directory and is the same on
both systems.

The reason for the cussin' is that I know I tested the Oracle portion of this
and had no problem.  I'm sure that I must have tested the BA client part too,
but I can't actually remember doing so - so I'm gonna havfta do it again im my
next maint slot.  This may not be for a couple of weeks, but I'll let you know
either way.

Steve

AIX/ADSM/Oracle/HACMP Guy
The Wesly Hospital, Brisbane Australia

"Bush, Jeri" <jbush AT TI DOT COM> on 02/02/2000 08:42:37