ADSM-L

Defining Reclamation Storage Pool

2000-02-02 07:02:20
Subject: Defining Reclamation Storage Pool
From: Alyn Bush <alynbush AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:02:20 GMT
My server 4.1.2.40 using AIX on RS/6000.  Have only one tape drive 3570 with
19 library or tapes.  The way it is designed that I have primary disk
storage on Unix called BACKUPPOOL and Next Storage Pool for that one is
called 3570BKPOOL which is my tape drive and tape drive have 19 library.
Now I want to setup a reclamation pool for my tapes.  How do I go about
doing it?  I thought of doing it this way, please reconfirm and let me know
if right or wrong!
1. to define a new Disk storage pool of 10MB and call it RECLAIMPOOL
define stgpool reclaimpool disk description='disk storage pool for
Reclamation backups' maxsize=10M

2.  Then update my Tape storage pool which is "3570bkpool" and assign "
reclaimpool" as the next storage pool for that one.

"update stgpool 3570bkpool nextstgpool=reclaimpool collocate=yes  highmig=50
lowmig=30"

Does the above will take care of and resolves my reclamation setups, Also
please give me a good values for  " highmig" and "lowmig"

Thanks,
Alyn