ADSM-L

ANS4622 on AIX Client

2000-02-02 06:54:52
Subject: ANS4622 on AIX Client
From: Bruce Mitchell <bruce.mitchell AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:54:52 +0000
All,
     I have a client who is backing up an AIX box and getting the following
error message.
He's rebooted and resinstalled the client code and problem still occurs....
I can't find any reference ANS4622 in the TSM Message Manual.
Has anyone come across this problem before.

I have attached to his client by means of -virtualnode and can back up my 'local
stuff' ok , and he is able to
restore to his client.

Server is S7A, running AIX 4.3.2 ,  *SM version 3.1.2.42.

Incremental backup of file system: '/u/wst'
ANS4266E Encountered bad mount or filesystem, processing stopped.

Total number of objects inspected:        3
Total number of objects backed up:        0
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:        0
Elapsed processing time:           00:00:00

 I've not got any bad mount points or filesystems.  Any Ideas.

The machine is running AIX 4.2.1 with the following version of ADSM.

  adsm.client.admin         2.1.20.6  OBSOLETE   ADSM Client - Administrative
  adsm.client.aix42.admin   3.1.20.3  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - Administrative
  adsm.client.aix42.base    3.1.20.7  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - Backup/Archive
  adsm.client.aix42.common  3.1.20.7  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - Common Files
  adsm.client.aix42.hsm     3.1.20.3  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - Hierarchical
  adsm.client.api           2.1.20.6  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - Application
  adsm.client.base          2.1.20.6  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - Backup/Archive
  adsm.client.common        2.1.20.6  OBSOLETE   ADSM Client - Common Files
Unquote

Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917
Mobile    +44(0) 468 361-885
email:    bruce.mitchell AT db DOT com