ADSM-L

Re: Help with Windows 95 Client.

2000-01-28 19:35:49
Subject: Re: Help with Windows 95 Client.
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:35:49 -0800
Down load the the manual "Using the Microsoft Windows Backup-Archive Client"
or it may be available online as an html document.  Chapter 7 section
"Creating an Include-Exclude List" has the information that you need.  Also
take a look at the sample dsm.opt file in the baclient directory.

The keys items are: 1) quote the whole string if it contains spaces
2) the default is to backup all local files  3) If you Exclude files, the
directories are still backed up (see Exclude.dir) 4) You must restart
dsm/dsmc to have your update read. I find that using the GUI is the best way
to check if the Excludes are working as desired.