ADSM-L

Error defining stgpool volume

2015-10-04 17:35:06
Subject: Error defining stgpool volume
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
While attempting to add a volume definition to an existing stgpool, I
entered the wrong command:

define volume backuppool sbkup01.dsm format=500    vs.    define volume
backuppool sbkup01.dsm formatsize=500

The server crashed, I restarted it without incident.  When it restarted it
rolled back and everything is fine.  HOWEVER, there is now a directory
entry named sbkup01.dsm of the appropriate size. I cannot delete the
volume because it "is not defined in a storage pool." Re-issuing the
corrected command fails because TSM knows it already exists. The delete
volume command (delete volume sbkup01.dsm) command failes with "Volume
sbkup01.dsm is not a defined volume."   The dsmfmt command fails with
"File  sbkup01.dsm must not already exist."  Can I safely delete the
directory entry and try again?

Thanks
Vint