ADSM-L

Re: [Re: upgrading to 3.1.2.40]

2000-01-28 14:36:23
Subject: Re: [Re: upgrading to 3.1.2.40]
From: LOGAN <vlogan AT USA DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:36:23 EAT
Andries,
I think that only if the update fileset is in applied state, it can be
rejected without deleting the older version. Otherwise the fast path would
delete the whole application. So it might be a good idea to apply the update
server filesets(Not committing) and see if that gives any trouble and once I
am confortable with it(May in 24 hours like Steve said), I can go ahead and
commit it. Thank you.

Logan.

Andries Holtzhausen <andriesh AT IFUSION.CO DOT ZA> wrote:
You can remove updates (or any other software) on AIX by using the smit fast
path 'smit remove' and then selecting those filesets you want to remove.