ADSM-L

Re: AUDIT DB

2000-01-28 10:16:49
Subject: Re: AUDIT DB
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:16:49 +0100
Hello,

I agree, it is best to audit all the db. BUT, the process run here for 3
days with a 7.5 GB db, under OS/390, 120 mips server.

So, I wouldn't expect only 4/5 hours! Difficult to estimate if we don't know
the processor and I/O speed of your server.

Also the percentage used in the db is an important factor for the elapsed
time.

Best regards,

                René Lambelet
                Nestec S.A. / Informatique du Centre
                55, av. Nestlé  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
                *+41(021) 924 3543  7 +41 (021) 924 4589  * B 133
                mail to: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com

                This message is intended only for the use of the addressee
        and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.