ADSM-L

Re: Strange archive behaviour with -subdir=yes

2000-01-28 07:36:05
Subject: Re: Strange archive behaviour with -subdir=yes
From: "Bates, Richard" <Richard.Bates AT VERTEX.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:36:05 -0000
Steve,

Yes you are right it is a Solaris box but the same behavior is exhibited on
AIX too.  Also v2 and V3 clients produce the same results.  I initially
thought it was a symlink problem but I have set up a test directory
structure on my AIX box in /home and  copied some files with the same names
into multiple directories.  No symbolic links were in use anywhere.
Unfortunately archive and selective backup both sent all files to the ADSM
server.

Still confused.

Richard.

Technical Services (ADSM) - Dawson House
Int: 33298  Ext: 01925 233298

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com