ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Backups and Archives

2000-01-25 13:10:08
Subject: Re: Multiple Backups and Archives
From: "Bates, Richard" <Richard.Bates AT VERTEX.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:10:08 -0000
Hi,

We register multiple nodes on the ADSM server for this purpose. (e.g.gappa1,
gappa2, gappa3 etc)

We then set up multiple dsm.opt files (dsm.opt.stream1, stream2, stream3)
and multiple server stanzas in the dsm.sys.  Each servername stanza in the
dsm.sys has a different nodename option (we also use different
tcpserveraddress too since we have lots of ATM interfaces)

Just export DSM_CONFIG in your korn shell scripts to pick the approriate
dsm.opt file.

Richard.

Technical Services (ADSM) - Dawson House
Int: 33298  Ext: 01925 233298