ADSM-L

Multiple Backups and Archives

2000-01-25 13:24:17
Subject: Multiple Backups and Archives
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:24:17 -0600
Hello All

My problem is we have a 3575 L18 with 3 3570 drives.  What I'd like to be
able to do is run a backup or archive to all three drives at the same time
using Korn shell scripts which will run 3 command line backups or archives
at the same time.  I have not tried the backups yet, but when I run the 2 or
more archives at the same time from the same client, the ADSM server
crashes.  This is worse than not using all 3 drives at the same time.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Ray Baughman
National Machinery Co.
Phone:   419-443-2257
Fax:     419-443-2376
Email:   rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com