ADSM-L

TSM 3.7 Implementation Course ss508B

2015-10-04 17:35:06
Subject: TSM 3.7 Implementation Course ss508B
From: Marita Gonsalves
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
Hello all,
We are planning to upgrade to Tivoli 3.7 in the near future (currently have
ADSM ver. 2 running on NT).  We have two choices: hire a consultant to
install TSM or send someone to a class.  The advantages to the latter are
A: it's cheaper.
B: we will (hopefully) be gaining useful knowledge that will serve us in
good stead in the future.

However, B: is entirely dependent the quality of  the course and a whole
bunch of other variables.   We were looking through the course description
for TSM 3.7 Implementation.   It looks pretty impressive and it looks like a
bunch is covered in 4 days.  Have any of you taken this course & how helpful
was it with implementation & administration   Are we better off getting a
consultant to do the installation?  I'm looking for some objective feedback.
Thanks,

Marita Gonsalves
Information Services Consultant
http://web1.caryacademy.pvt.k12.nc.us