ADSM-L

ADSM Server down

2000-01-24 09:45:11
Subject: ADSM Server down
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT MAILCITY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:45:11 -0500
I need help!!
Here's what happened.
The ADSM database was nearly full 92%. What I did was I tried to add another
volume to the database. While it was creating the database I tried to cancel
out. But it did create the volume. I tried to delete the vol. but it said it
was in use. So I stopped the ADSM Server and then deleted the volume. I then
tried to restart the Server but now it wouldn't start.
I checked the dsmserv.dsk file and it had added the new volume entry. So I
deleted the entry and tried to start it again. But still it gives this error

ANR0990I ADSM Restart\Recovery in progress
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.
I have the volhist and devconfig file.

I need help to recover from this before I do a complete disaster recovery.

Rajesh Oak

LYCOShop. Thousands of products!  One location!
http://shop.lycos.com/