ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:35:06
Hello everyone.

Our *SM server went down at 5:09am this morning. I have a
script that queries the *SM every 5-minutes to see if it's up
or not. The query failed because the *SM came down.

I've looked at the dsmserv.err and dsmserv.log to determined
what caused the server to go down. These two files were last
updated in 1999. No help from that.

While the server was doing a migration, our SP switch went
down, the Worm hung, rejecting connection to the *SM server.

I don't know if this is a coincidence when our switch went down
the *SM server went down also.

The weird thing about this is that when the computer operator
started the *SM again, it stated "ANR7804I An ADSM server is
already running from this directory". Hummm...

Since I have no source to determine what caused the *SM to go
down, would it be possible for *SM to crash if TCP/IP is lost?

Suggestions or comments are welcome.

TIA,
Angel

--openmail-part-102f9c46-00000001--