ADSM-L

Retrieving Archived files with symbolic links.

2000-01-20 07:08:25
Subject: Retrieving Archived files with symbolic links.
From: Nick Rutherford <Nick.Rutherford AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:08:25 +0000
Hello all,

We archived 50Gb of data yesterday for a user. However, the user has come back
today and has asked us to retrieve 10Gb of data.
The Archive was ran with the followsymbolic option set to yes.
When I try entering 'ret -pi -su-yes /catia/mod/lv1/CF/*S5DA*.model' the client
can not find any matches allthough they were certainly archived.
If I enter 'ret -pi -su-yes /catia/mod/lv1/CF/*', the command line session will
only show the symbolic link files to restore.
If I try retrieving these through a Web-Client session, the client will list all
of the Archived files and then when you select a file to retrieve and click on
retrieve, the gui says the retrieve has completed almost immediately.

How can I retrieve files by file match.
Does anybody understand why this happens?

thanks for any help,

Nick