ADSM-L

Re: Notes Agent

2000-01-19 20:25:29
Subject: Re: Notes Agent
From: Greg Downes <greg.downes AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:25:29 +1000
Nick

You have described our environment to a tee.  We have 45GB of Notes Mail data on
one NT server to backup average mail file size is 20MB.  Basically I've given up
on trying to get the Connect Agent to work on this volume of data. I've tried a
few times to get through that first incremenal backup  but I've never seen it
finish. The last time I tried it was still running after two weeks.

Now if we could get through the first incremental then maybe then following
incremental may finish in a reasonable time - but I doubt it would be any
quicker then full backups.   Thus we have reverted to full client backups they
are taking 12-13 hrs. Basically now we are waiting for TDP for Lotus Domino and
V5 Notes Servers (TDP backs up transaction logs for incr) before trying
incremental backups again in this environment.

We have more Notes Servers further out in the Network with less data and there
we are using the Connect Agent.  This works OK but the restores are much more
complicated.

Greg