ADSM-L

Notes Agent

2000-01-19 15:55:58
Subject: Notes Agent
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:55:58 -0500
Hi all,

   I have an OS/390 V2.5 operating system running an ADSM 3.1.2.40 server. I
have been asked to look at backing up a Lotus Notes Domino Machine using the
ADSM Notes Connect Agent. I have a couple of questions.

  1) My domino server contains 45GB of Notes data in 2 partitionson an NT
server. Let's be optomoistic and say each Notes
       DB is 22.5GB. How long would the initial Backup of each data base take???

  2) I have heard that there are compatibility issues with DOMINO R5 and the
connect agent any truth to this??

  3) Will My backup time decrease by using the conect agent or will the agent
only address amount of data that we backup.

  4) Right now I am backing up the 45GB by using the normal ADSM client and this
is taking me about 13.5 hours.

  5) What us the cost associated with the connect agent?? Do I need  to purchase
a full license for each install.

   I know that these questions are vague but thought that some one may have done
this in the past. We looked into this about 1 year ago and I believe that the
time of the backup was a big factor. Thanks in advance for any information.

Brian