ADSM-L

Re: Anit Viruses

2000-01-19 15:12:08
Subject: Re: Anit Viruses
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:12:08 -0500
We just went through the same question. We have found that having McAfee
running at the same time is costing us 5-6 hours in the elapsed backup
time!!

WinNT running on a Compaq 6500 4*200mhz PII 1 GB RAM 1.5 million files with
40-42 GB of changed data daily. We are still running 3.1.06 getting ready to
make the jump to TSM 3.7.1

Server  - RS/6000 J40. 3.1.2.22... Same here getting ready to migrate to
3.7.

Just digging through the manual to find the pre and post commands so we can
disable the Virus scan during the backup window.

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin
Enterprise Information Systems
Gaithersburg Md.