ADSM-L

Re: NT client backup storing complete directory structureb

2000-01-18 11:01:18
Subject: Re: NT client backup storing complete directory structureb
From: John Johnson <jjohns AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:01:18 -0800
I like the new exclude.dir option, it saves alot of processing time (up to
30 min).  I only wish it would not override the include statements, so our
exclude.dir list could consist of one line not 20+.

John Johnson
IBM Global Services - WMI
Enterprise Architecture Design

<<  At a minimum, I basically have an Exclude.dir list that resembles the
alphabet.  There
has got to be a better way to implement this.  Something resembling the
Include/Exclude
statements for files ???  Why not have the include exclude statments for
the
files also
determine the directories needed for backup ???  Or, drive letter with a
wildcard
(Exclude.dir C:\*)  or a keyword like, DONTEVENLOOKATNETWORKCONNECTIONS ???
...  something...

Anyone else have this problem?  >>