ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:35:06
Thanks Dwight. Our server is currently at 3.1.2.20. The client is at
3.1.0.6.

I used the "q arc /some_directory/" command to confirm the expiration
date.

I'm not sure why ADSM would use the longest retention MC when I
specified
the MC in the script. Also the other clients does not have the same
problem.

Do you suggest I should upgrade our server to .40 to get rid of this
problem?

Angel
   -----Original Message-----
   From:       cookde [SMTP:cookde AT BP DOT COM]
   Sent:       Monday, January 17, 2000 9:01 AM
   To:         ADSM-L
   Cc:         cookde
   Subject:    Re: Incorect retention.

   What adsm server version ?

   Prior to .40 there was a little deal where DIRECTORY PATHS were
   archived
   into the longest retention archive management class that existed
   under the
   client's domain.   The .40 "cleanup archdir" command is used to
   correct this
   little glitch.   Sooo that is when you would archive a file, the
   directory
   path was also archived into that longest retention management
   class... I
   never tried archiving just/only/specifically the directory but I can
   see
   where this would probably end up being bound to a retention period
   that is
   the longest.

   Are you using the "show archive" command to see the archive and
   determine
   the retention ?

   Usually the archived directories associated with an archived file
   won't show
   up in just a "q archive some_dir_path"  'cause if they would I would
   have
   deleted them long ago from some of our environments...

   THIS HAS BEEN A REAL PAIN TO ME !

   'cause of problems with .40 & .50 I'm staying back at .5 on a bunch
   of my
   servers...some of the clients on those servers have 300 directories
   EACH of
   which have about 1/2 million archived entries in the DB which comes
   out to
   be 150,000,000 entries JUST FOR ONE CLIENT

   ARGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

   Hope this helps...
   later,
           Dwight

   > ----------

   -desc="test_bu"

   > The result of the above process is totally unacceptable. That is,
   the
   > retention
   > date is for 5 years, not 1 day.
   >
   > Can someone please shed some light into this?
   >
   > TIA
   >
   > Angel

   20

--openmail-part-1015523b-00000001--