ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange Server Fixtest 1.1.1.01 fails

2000-01-17 08:01:58
Subject: TDP for Exchange Server Fixtest 1.1.1.01 fails
From: "Tönges, Manfred" <M.Toenges AT HZD.HESSEN DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:01:58 +0100
Hi,

we have encountered the following problem:
We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP2 and ADSM Connect Agent Fixtest B. Now
we updated to the latest TDP for Exchange Server release 1.1.1.01.
When the password parameter in the opt-file is set to "generate", and we
tried to backup or restore, this error message was presented:

"ANS0237E (RC2033) On dsminit, the node is not allowed when
passwordaccess=generate".

So we tried to set the password parameter to "prompt", though this would not
be an acceptable solution. What happend was this:

"ANS0238E (RC2041) The sequence of calls is invalid".

All further tries then produced the error message

"ACN4206E -- Caught exception while issuing dsminit. Please report how you
got this."

ADSM Server Version is 3.1.2.20.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Manfred Toenges
Hessische Zentrale fuer Datenverarbeitung, Wiesbaden, Germany
m.toenges AT hzd.hessen DOT de