ADSM-L

TSM 3.7

2000-01-15 00:12:35
Subject: TSM 3.7
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:12:35 -0800
I recently installed TSM 3.7 on an IBM E20 running AIX 4.3.3.. Following the
Quick Start guide I can?t start the server no matter what I try. Even
rebooting. It always complains that it can?t find ?dsmserv.dsk? and with a
find command I confirmed there is no such file on the machine. I installed
EVERYTHING from the cd?s and even retrieved the latest PTF?s from tivoli?s
site. Still the missing file and no info in any of the manuals on why it
wasn?t created. I know it?s a simple text file that just includes the name
of the db and log file but it seems to me it should?ve been created during
installation.

I?m assuming other?s have had this problem and have heard 3.7 is buggy so
hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks

-Gerald