ADSM-L

I/O mount error??

2000-01-13 16:43:38
Subject: I/O mount error??
From: Mason Crenshaw <masonc_25 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:43:38 -0800
I keep getting this error when almost any of my tapes
mount to the tapedrive.  I am not sure what this is
trying to tell me.  I tried to look it up using the
ANR...  in appendix B like it says, but I couldn't
find it.  Any suggestions??
thanks
Mason

adsm>
backup db dev=7336_lib1 type=full vol=backup
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command:
BACKUP DB dev=7336_lib1
type=full vol=backup
ANR0984I Process 2 for DATABASE BACKUP started in the
BACKGROUND at 15:32:28.
ANR2280I Full database backup started as process 2.
adsm>
ANR8302E I/O error on drive TAPEDRIVE1 (/dev/mt0)
(OP=SETMODE, CC=207, KEY=FF,
ASC=FF, ASCQ=FF,
SENSE=**NONE**,
Description=Device is not in a state capable
of performing request).  Refer to Appendix B in the
'Messages' manual for
recommended action.
ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume BACKUP in
drive TAPEDRIVE1
(/dev/mt0).
ANR1402W Mount request denied for volume BACKUP -
volume unavailable.
ANR4578E Database backup/restore terminated - required
volume was not mounted.
ANR0985I Process 2 for DATABASE BACKUP running in the
BACKGROUND completed with
completion state FAILURE at 15:33:48.