ADSM-L

Re: [Re: [Re: Help: DB backup fails.]]

2000-01-13 11:54:48
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: Help: DB backup fails.]]
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:54:48 -0500
Hi there,

To get your drives back online, issue the two following commands at the adsm
prompt.

UPDATE DRIVE TAPELIBRARY1 TAPEDRIVE1 ONLINE=YES
UPDATE DRIVE TAPELIBRARY1 TAPEDRIVE2 ONLINE=YES

You probably will want to also check the AIX errpt as well as the ADSM activity
log around the time the drives became offline to find out why.  I've had drives
go offline on me before for things such as a tape going bad while in the drive.
Hope this helps!

adam
Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems