ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled Backups

2000-01-12 15:45:19
Subject: Re: Scheduled Backups
From: Nathan King <nathan.king AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:45:19 -0600
I've had this problem before but only because the client was behind a
firewall and the firewall rules had been setup incorrectly.
The client could backup interactively but scheduled backups would fail,
simply because the rules had been setup to allow the client to initiate a
session, but not to allow the server to initiate the tcp/ip session.

You're probably in a different situation but suggest that for starters that
you telnet to the ADSM Server and then attempt to ping the client's ip
address from there.

Nathan