ADSM-L

Owner specific restore from Windows NT Fileserver

2000-01-12 12:37:07
Subject: Owner specific restore from Windows NT Fileserver
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:37:07 +0100
Hello,

our windows NT workstations have in addition to their local diskspace
central directories on a Windows NT fileserver.

We have difficulties in realizing the following requirement:

Users should see only file backups of their own on the central fileserver.

We tried using commands like "set access ..." but there seems to be no
differentiation between node and user in ADSM client for Windows NT.
Even the newest TSM client 3.7.1.0 doesn't store owner information with the
files at the ADSM server.

Is it possible to restrict access for users to their own files on Win NT
fileservers (which is possible on AIX, by the way) ??

Thank you for your help,

Matthias

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de