ADSM-L

Re: Re-create tape

2015-10-04 17:35:05
Subject: Re: Re-create tape
From: Viswanathan, Ramesh (CNA) [mailto:ramesh AT SCR.SIEMENS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Mauro,

Thank you for your reply.  I am still having problems executing the command
you suggested:

adsm> q vol access=unavailable

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated    Pct   Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity   Util   Status
                                                        (MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----
--------
--------
DBI458                    DR_TAPE_PO-  DLTCLASS     35,840.0   60.8  Filling
DBI458                    DR_TAPE_PO-  DLTCLASS     35,840.0   60.8  Filling
                           OL

adsm> update volume dbi458 access=destroyed wherestg=dr_tape_pool
wheredevclass=
      dltclass
ANR2116E UPDATE VOLUME: Access mode for volume DBI458 cannot be changed to
"destroyed" - volume does not belong to a primary storage pool.
ANR2212I UPDATE VOLUME: No volumes updated.

adsm>

I am sure I am missing something here.  Any clues ?

Thanks

Ramesh