ADSM-L

Re: Re-create tape

2000-01-12 10:23:51
Subject: Re: Re-create tape
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:23:51 -0500
If this is a COPY pool tape (NOT a primary pool tape), you should DELETE the
tape from the ADSM data base..

You can do this from the command line:  DELETE vvvvvv DISCARDDATA=YES
Or you can do it from the ADMIN GUI or browser interface and specify
DISCARD.

The next time you run the BACKUP STGPOOL command to create your COPY POOL
tapes, ADSM will recognize that these files need to be copied to the copy
pool again.

That's all you have to do!