ADSM-L

DRM and NT ADSM SERVER with STK 9710

2000-01-11 17:52:24
Subject: DRM and NT ADSM SERVER with STK 9710
From: "Paul D. Brown" <pdbrown AT ASHLAND DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:52:24 -0500
I ADSMERs,  I am working on a new small ADSM (Tivoli) system install running on
an NT server connected
to an STK 9710 with 9840 tape drives.  Everything is working well, but I am
having a hard time getting
DRM to automatically create a copy tape for vaulting as the migrations fill the
primary sequential
tape pool that is on 9840 tape.  My documentation is not very complete and from
what I have I am not
sure I can automate a process to create a second tape copy of the primary for
ejection and vaulting.
I am not interested in the Recovery Plan File at this time.

Anyone out there tackled the task of creating tape copies for vaulting in an
automated library?

Thanks,
Paul
PDBrown AT Ashland DOT com