ADSM-L

Re: Monthly, Quarterly Backups for a SAP-System

2000-01-11 08:15:55
Subject: Re: Monthly, Quarterly Backups for a SAP-System
From: Bart Colbert <Bart.Colbert AT RAYONIER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:15:55 -0500
What we do if we want a point-in-time snapshot is to make a backup and then
export node to a tape for the shelf. That way as the backup changes if we
want to bring the PIT back we can.

     We have even exported a node, deleted the node, imported the node
     renamed the node, restored the node to a different machine, deleted
     that node reimported the original node. All works fine.

     AIX 4.2.1 ADSM 3.1.3.40

     Goodday,
     Bart Colbert