ADSM-L

Re: Database cache percentage

2000-01-11 04:19:11
Subject: Re: Database cache percentage
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:19:11 +0000
The ADSM server code on AIX is built to use 6 segments in total - that
includes all memory allocation DB/LOG buffer pools, thread/file/client
data support.  So that would correlate with what you experienced when
it died at about 1.4GB.  6 segments is equivalent to 1.5GB I think.

Have a look at APAR IX84141 which documents the increase from 3
segments to 6 (at 3.1.2.20 if I recall correctly).

Hope this helps, Sheelagh
Sheelagh Treweek                   Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                   Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services           Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK           Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275