ADSM-L

IPX session that won't go away

2000-01-07 13:32:01
Subject: IPX session that won't go away
From: Kevin Corning-Hyman <kcorning AT MHC DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:32:01 -0500
ADSM version 3.1.2.40
Server: RS/6000 F-50 running AIX

Since the rollover to 2000 last week we have IPX sessions that keep starting
every 20 minutes.  I've restarted the server and they keep occurring.  There is
no node name associated with the sessions and canceling them doesn't do
anything.  They keep on starting every 20 minutes until our max sessions of 200
is reached.  I'm sure this is related to our Y2K testing, but I don't know how
to make it stop.  The test nodes, file spaces and schedules we used have been
deleted.  Here is a sampling of the sessions.  Any help?  Thanks for your time.

70 IPX/S- IdleW  1.1 H           0       0 Node
        PX
 123 IPX/S- IdleW  44.7 M       0       0 Node
        PX
 177 IPX/S- IdleW  23.4 M       0       0 Node
        PX
 261 IPX/S- IdleW  2.1 M        0       0 Node
        PX

Kevin Corning-Hyman
Information Center Consultant - Munson Medical Center
1105 6th Street, Traverse City, MI 49684
kcorning AT mhc DOT net