ADSM-L

Exchange message level backup

2015-10-04 17:35:05
Subject: Exchange message level backup
From: Rupp Thomas (Illwerke) [mailto:thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Today I got the following announcement from xephon:

"SCH Technologies has begun shipping Release 2.0 of its dbBRZ/Exchange,
which
provides on-line back-up and recovery of Microsoft Exchange databases. ...
Specifically, there's now full message-level recovery, done through standard

Exchange 5.5 functionality."

On http://www.sch.com/press64.html I found the same text:

"dbBRZ/Exchange 2.0 provides a complete backup, including full message-level
recovery,
with no compromise in backup speed, security, or server performance. This is
accomplished
via standard MS Exchange Rel. 5.5 functionality, ..."

I thought MS Exchange doesn't offer a standard way to do this?

Does anyone know the pro's and con's of dbBRZ and/or when TSM and/or
Microsoft will
provide an API to do full message-level recovery?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at