ADSM-L

Re: Novell Restore help

2015-10-04 17:35:05
Subject: Re: Novell Restore help
From: Cook, Dwight E [mailto:cookde AT BP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Permissions probably...
see "set access"  "query access" and the such...
to get around such, modify the dsm.opt file to indicate to adsm you are the
client with name A
(ie. add an entry "node server-a" )
but since the actual server name is server-b use the restore as listed below

and is this a disaster recovery box ? (that is, why has the name changed ?)

and is that data really something you recover ?   or is it just something
adsm uses internally during restore processing ?
(I'm not a novell admin and don't know much about the specifics... I just
deal with ADSM servers and can tell you when a client can't see data but the
data exists on the adsm server (as seen by "show version blah blah") then it
is an access problem on the client trying to get to the data)

Dwight