ADSM-L

NT restore without security rights...

2000-01-06 10:54:46
Subject: NT restore without security rights...
From: JerryLawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:54:46 -0500
Date:     January 6, 2000               Time: 11:04 AM
From:     Jerry Lawson
          The Hartford Insurance Group
(860)  547-2960          jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
Hello List Members - Happy Y2K!
Hello List Members - Happy Y2K!

I got a call from one of my customers this morning with a problem restoring
files without security.  In his words, the problem is as follows:
 ------------------------
We have an NT domain controller server crash.  While we were fixing it we
restored the user and public data directories from the downed server to a
temporary member server in our domain.  The fact that the temporary server
was not a domain controller caused us to have to alter some of the NT
security privileges on the data.  The downed server is now fixed and we want
to copy the data back.  What we don't want is the security from the temporary
server, since it is unnecessary on the original BDC.  Is there any way to
tell ADSM to not copy the NT security?
I  can't think of any good way to solve his problem - does anyone out there
I  can't think of any good way to solve his problem - does anyone out there
have a suggestion?
                                                     Jerry
                                                     Jerry