ADSM-L

ADSM's Scheduler

2000-01-05 11:51:52
Subject: ADSM's Scheduler
From: Dann Fred <Dann.Fred AT PMLMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:51:52 -0500
Hello,
  I am using ADSM on OS/390(v1.3) to backup 3 AIX RS/6000 (v4.1.5).  Is there a
way to use REXEC commands from MVS to AIX to issue DSMC> sel and inc commands?
Also is there a way to issue REXEC commands to issue DSMADMC> commands?

We would like to use our MVS scheduler package(Jobtrack) instaed of the
scheduler in ADSM.

  If this isn't possible does anyone know how to make schedules in ADSM
contingent on other schedules running and completeing successfully?

For instance I would like our daily incremental backup to run each night at
21:00 then when it completes I want the Copy to offsite tape schedule to kick
off.

Thanks,
Fred Dann
Penn Mutual Life