ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - Negative Compression Percentage

2000-01-05 09:02:53
Subject: Re: ADSM - Negative Compression Percentage
From: Heinz Flemming <flemming AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 0100 15:02:53 +0100
According to Dann Fred:
>   I am using ADSM on OS/390(v1.3) to backup 3 Novell Netware Servers (v4.11)
> and
> for some reason I keep getting a negative compression percentage.  Can anybody
> tell me why this is happening and how I can stop it.  I could turn compression
> off completely but with the amount of data were backing up I would like to
> keep
> it on.

  Do you have  COMPRESSION YES and COMPRESSALWAYS YES ?

  Maybe that files are growing during compression, so they are larger
  than before ...

Heinz

Heinz Flemming                             flemming AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Heinz Flemming                             flemming AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
Rechenzentrum, Universitaet Karlsruhe
Zirkel 2, Postfach 6980
D-76128 Karlsruhe
Deutschland

Telefon: 0721 - 608 6427                              Fax: 0721 - 37550