ADSM-L

Re: Difference between dsmlabel and internal "label volume" comma nds

2000-01-04 13:13:58
Subject: Re: Difference between dsmlabel and internal "label volume" comma nds
From: "Purdon, James" <james_purdon AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:13:58 -0500
Hi Joshua,
     Thanks for your concern, but we actually chose to install ADSM outside
of the root volume group.  The ADSM server and client directories have the
standard paths, but represent independent filesystems.

     We installed the products in the normal fashion and then create new
filesystems.  After cpio'ing the products into the new filesystems (and
deleting them from the original locations) we mount the new filesystems as
/usr/lpp/adsm and /usr/lpp/adsmserv.

     My actual issue is that the internal ADSM "label volume" command does
not create a tape with the same format as the previous dsmlabel command.

Jim