ADSM-L

Re: creating DSM.SMP file on client node

2000-01-04 12:56:20
Subject: Re: creating DSM.SMP file on client node
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:56:20 -0800
Hi Rob,

Please have a look in the adsmcli\win32\intel\config directory
of the install package. You should find a file named ba_dsm.opt.
Configure that file as you like, then run the install. The
ba_dsm.opt file should get copied as dsm.opt.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi Everyone!!!!!

        When i'm installing the 3.1.07F version of the 95/NT client, there
is a DSM.SMP file created in the destination directory.  This is simply a
skeleton DSM.OPT file.  We have several changes that need to be done before
the file is ready to be used as a DSM.OPT file.  I would like to be able to
define a site-specific skeleton DSM.SMP file that gets moved into the
destination directory automatically.  The current work-around is to
manually
pull the skeleton DSM.SMP file over to the destination machine.  This is
doable but our PC folks would appreciate it if we could automate the
process.  IBM support line says there is no way to have the client install
do this?  I was thinking maybe someone else has encountered this same issue
and would have a good solution.

thanks in advance
 Rob Schwartz
 Boscov's Dept Store