ADSM-L

Option sets (excluding directories) and problem with Japanese characters

2000-01-04 10:52:52
Subject: Option sets (excluding directories) and problem with Japanese characters
From: Paul Van De Vijver <Paul.Van.De.Vijver AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:52:52 +0100
Hi,

First question : Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong ?
                             I want to use the 'Option set' feature to exclude
some directories from the backup.
                             I did define e.g. 'Exclude C:\Winnt40' but this
doesn't seem to work ...

Next question : is it possible to delete separate directories from a filespace
backup ?
                              I think one can only delete complete filespaces

Next question : we have some Japanese people putting their DBCS files on our
'normal'
                              file servers. When ADSM tries to backup those
files I get message
                              "ANE4005E xxxx file not found" where xxxx are some
strange (Japanese) characters.

Thanks,

Paul