ADSM-L

Re: DRM: DB volume does not dismount before 'move drmedia' executes

2000-01-03 17:27:55
Subject: Re: DRM: DB volume does not dismount before 'move drmedia' executes
From: Tony Rynan <tonyr AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:27:55 +1100
Hi Jeri,

I have built the same scripts myself and see the same problem with the db
backup tape. I reduced the mount retention to 1minute and added a 300
second sleep after the dbbackup and i still occasionally get caught out.

The solution is to retry the dismount command until is works which is what
you appear to be doing.

regards Tonyr

"Bush, Jeri" <jbush AT TI DOT COM> on 04/01/2000 07:47:18